Bronx Car Accident Lawyer Shares Summer Driving Safety Tips
Summer is here and most New Yorkers will be taking time out for a picnic, a lazy day at the beach, or a fun-filled road trip. Stay safe while enjoying all the warm weather months have to offer with these driver safety tips from your Bronx car accident lawyer, Stuart M. Kerner, Esq.
Driver Safety Checklist
- If taking a long journey, be sure to get plenty of rest before you leave.
- Strap on your seat belt and follow the rules of the road (including speed limits).
- If you plan on kicking back and having a few drinks with friends, be sure to designate a driver who won’t be drinking.
- Keep your eyes on the road: Distractions such as cell phones can divert your attention away from where it should be which is on the road.
- Take notice of work zones. With warmer weather comes an increase in construction projects especially along many of the major highways and parkways in New York and New Jersey.
- Don’t tailgate. Following a vehicle too closely is an accident waiting to happen.
- Make sure you have good visibility and everything works including headlights and rear lights, wipers and turn signals.
- Avoid a gas tank that is too low. If you have car trouble, pull over and as far as possible off the highway as possible.
- Carry a Disaster Supply Kit in your trunk which should include a flashlight.
- Communicate your weekend plans, destination and your approximate time of arrival with a family member or friend. That way, if your car happens to get stuck before reaching your destination, help can be sent.
- Don’t forget to check in once you have arrived at your destination.
If you or your loved one is injured this holiday weekend and you are in need of a Bronx Accident Attorney, the Law Offices of Stuart M. Kerner, P.C., located in the Riverdale/Kingsbridge section of the Bronx, will investigate, prosecute and negotiate with the insurance company of the negligent party to settle your claim and obtain compensation for you based upon the severity of your injury and your pain and suffering. If you would like a legal opinion on the potential value of your matter or have a question about your rights, contact one of our lawyers at (718) 796-7900 to schedule a FREE Consultation online so we can evaluate your personal injury case.