Choosing The Best Auto Accident Lawyer in 2022
How To Choose An Attorney After An Auto Accident
Finding a lawyer after being involved in a car accident is very important. Whether you were the cause of the accident or you were the victim, securing effective legal counsel can make your life dealing with the accident much easier.
What should you look for in an Auto Accident lawyer?
Well, you should first ask questions and find a lawyer who has extensive experience with automobile-related accidents. After an accident has happened – especially a car accident – finding a lawyer might not be your first inclination, and it shouldn’t be. But you should find your lawyer as soon after the accident as possible.
Serious personal injury and even death can occur due to an auto collision. As the driver, you are required by law to file a formal, written report of an accident with both the Department of Motor vehicles and your insurance company. Reports must generally be filed within 30 days of the date of the accident but should be done as soon as possible. That is applicable whether there are injuries or not (of course, we hope you had already secured adequate auto insurance).
An attorney’s experience in handling auto accidents will be essential in helping you recover for both monetary and property damages as well as injuries if there are any.
In general, you will only need to find a lawyer after an auto accident if there is some damage done either to your car, or the other vehicle or in the loss of life or serious injuries. Just to be safe, it’s still a good idea to file a report so you can avoid any fines that might come about for not filing an accident report. Again, no-fault forms and applications must also be filed within 30 days of the accident to make sure all of your hospital and medical bills get paid.
An attorney’s experience in handling auto accidents will speak on your behalf using previous laws to strengthen your case. Their job is to obtain compensation both for damages as well as injuries if there are any.
Finding a lawyer after an auto accident is definitely a good step to take. If for nothing else, you will be properly represented and properly defended depending on what side of the accident you are on.
If you were involved in any kind of traffic accident, you need an experienced car accident lawyer in The Bronx. Your rights will be protected when you call the Law Offices of Stuart M. Kerner, P.C. for a free consultation.
While securing legal representation after a car accident may not be your first inclination, having the right personal injury lawyer on your side after a motor vehicle accident (MVA), can make your life a whole lot easier especially if you were injured. Here are some tips on how to choose a Bronx Car Accident Lawyer.
Bronx Personal Injury Lawyer Shares How To Find a Car Accident Lawyer That’s Right For You:
Here’s a good starting point to help you in the decision-making process when considering a lawyer for legal representation after a motor vehicle accident (MVA):
- If you have a current lawyer in a different area of practice, start by asking them for a referral. If they don’t handle car accident cases, they should be able to make a good recommendation for a lawyer or law firm to represent you for your motor vehicle-related injuries. So don’t forget to ask them first.
- Ask friends, relatives, and co-workers if they or someone they know have worked with a good personal injury lawyer in your area (e.g. the Bronx). FYI: Finding a good local attorney will also save you the expense and hassle of a long commute whenever you need (or want) to meet with your attorney face-to-face.
- Run a simple Google search and see what turns up. Read any reviews, blog posts, comments, and anything else you can find regarding the law firm or attorney you are considering hiring. We invite you to visit our Facebook page to read some of the comments clients have posted about us.
- During your consultation with the attorney, ask them what education and experience they have that qualifies them as the best lawyer to work on your motor vehicle accident (MVA) case. Ask them things like “How many years of experience do you have as a personal injury lawyer?”
- Contact the state bar association if you still need information. The bar can tell you if he or she is licensed in New York State, and if the bar has disciplined them.
So there you have it, my top five tips on how to choose a lawyer that is right for you. Once again, while I know securing legal representation may not be the first thing that comes to mind after suffering an injury as the result of another person’s negligence, I can’t emphasize more than having the right attorney or law firm on your side to handle all the legal aspects of your case can make your life a whole lot easier while you recover from your injuries.
Bronx Auto Accident Lawyer Fighting For the Rights of Bronx Car Accident Victims for Over 20 Years!
If been involved in a car accident and are looking for a legal representation, at the Law Offices of Stuart M. Kerner, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, we represent all types of motor vehicle-related cases and can give you a legal opinion on the value of your potential case. To schedule a FREE consultation, call our office or contact us online.
About The Law Offices of Stuart M. Kerner
If you’ve been injured and are looking to obtain the best possible outcome in your situation, the Law Offices of Stuart Kerner P.C. in The Bronx can help you. Our firm has obtained favorable results for injury victims and their families throughout the state of New York in personal injury cases such as auto accidents, oilfield accidents, traumatic brain injuries, and serious personal injuries.
Our law firm offers a free consultation to discuss your accident and review the legal remedies available to you. We’re available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about your case. Above all, you shouldn’t feel alone and isolated after an accident. If you’ve been hurt in an accident, we’ll come to you. Our attorney can travel to your home or hospital, at your request.