Choosing a New York Car Accident Lawyer After Injury
How to Choose a New York Car Accident Lawyer After An Injury
While securing legal representation after a car accident may not be your first inclination, having the right personal injury lawyer on your side after a motor vehicle accident (MVA), can make your life a whole lot easier especially if you were injured. Here are some tips on how to choose a New York Car Accident Lawyer.
Bronx Personal Injury Lawyer Shares How To Find a Car Accident Lawyer That’s Right For You:
Here’s a good starting point to help you in the decision making process when considering a lawyer for legal representation after a motor vehicle accident (MVA):
- If you have a current lawyer in a different area of practice, start by asking them for a referral. If they don’t handle car accident cases, they should be able to make a good recommendation for a lawyer or law firm to represent you for your motor vehicle related injuries. So don’t forget to ask them first.
- Ask friends, relatives and co-workers if they or someone they know have worked with a good personal injury lawyer in your area (e.g. the Bronx). FYI: Finding a good local attorney will also save you the expense and hassle of a long commute whenever you need (or want) to meet with your attorney face-to-face.
- Run a simple Google search and see what turns up. Read any reviews, blog posts, comments, and anything else you can find regarding the law firm or attorney you are considering hiring. We invite you to visit our Facebook page to read some of the comments clients have posted about us.
- During your consultation with the attorney, ask them what education and experience they have that qualifies them to the best lawyer to work on your motor vehicle accident (MVA) case. Ask them things like “How many years of experience do you have as a personal injury lawyer?”
- Contact the state bar association if you still need information. The bar can tell you if the he or she is licensed in New York State, and if the bar has disciplined them.
So there you have it, my top five tips on how to choose a lawyer that is right for you. Once again, while I know securing legal representation may not be the first thing that comes to mind after suffering an injury as the result of another person’s negligence, I can’t emphasize more that having the right attorney or law firm on your side to handle all the legal aspects of your case can make your life a whole lot easier while you recover form your injuries.
Bronx Personal Injury Lawyer Fighting For the Rights of New York Car Accident Victims for Over 20 Years!
If been involved in a car accident and are looking for a legal representation, at the Law Offices of Stuart M. Kerner, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, we represent all types of motor vehicle related cases and can give you a legal opinion on the value of your potential case. To schedule a FREE consultation, call our office or contact us online.