Injured During Thanksgiving Holiday? Contact Your Bronx Lawyer
If You Are Injured During The Thanksgiving Holiday, Contact Your Bronx Lawyer
One local Fire Department released some great tips on Thanksgiving safety, and I wanted to share it with you. Please be safe this holiday and Happy Thanksgiving from The Law Offices of Stuart M. Kerner, P.C.
As you are planning your Thanksgiving please don’t forget about fire safety. Did you know Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires? The number of home fires double on Thanksgiving so let’s add fire safety to the menu.
How to Prevent Thanksgiving Personal Injury
- If you are roasting your turkey, set a timer. This way, you will not forget about your meal as you watch the parade or football.
- If you are frying your turkey, use a fryer with thermostat controls. This will ensure the oil does not become over heated.
- Make sure to thaw your turkey completely as ice on the bird will cause oil to splatter and potentially cause burns.
- Keep children and pets a minimum of three-four feet away from the fryer and always use the fryer outdoors.
- Stand by your stove when you are boiling your potatoes or frying onions for stuffing. It is best to stay in the kitchen when you are frying, boiling or broiling. It becomes easier to catch spills or see hazardous conditions before they become a fire.
“By following these safety tips, you will have a delicious and fire safe Thanksgiving, Let the firefighters have dinner with their families, not yours.” said the Fire Chief.
Car Accident Safety During The Holiday Season
Additionally, the American Red Cross shared these tips on Thanksgiving travel safety:
- Follow the rules of the road – observe the speed limit.
- Use caution in work zones.
- Make frequent stops. During long trips, rotate drivers.
- Don’t follow another vehicle too closely.
- Clean your headlights, taillights, signal lights and windows to help you see, especially at night.
- Turn your headlights on as dusk approaches, or if you are using your windshield wipers due to inclement weather.
By following these safety tips, you will have a delicious and fire safe Thanksgiving. Let the firefighters have dinner with their families, not yours.
If you or your loved one were injured this holiday season died due to someone else’s negligence, talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer.
If you or your loved one was injured this Thanksgiving holiday and you are in need of a Personal Injury Attorney, the Law Offices of Stuart M. Kerner, P.C., located in the Riverdale/Kingsbridge section of the Bronx, will investigate, prosecute and negotiate with the insurance company of the negligent party to settle your claim and obtain compensation for you based upon the severity of your injury and your pain and suffering. If you would like a legal opinion on the potential value of your matter or have a question about your rights, contact one of our lawyers at (718) 796-7900 to schedule a FREE Consultation online so we can evaluate your personal injury case.